Here I am. Better late than never I suppose.
(we were supposed to do an initial, but I had to get all fancy and try somethng special with my initals)
I meant to write yesterday, I woke up all focused and raring to go and then got worn down by all the simple and totally mundane stuff that needed to be done:
2. Have breakfast with my sweetie.
3. Recycleville (you know the place one takes the cardboard, plastic etc.(It seems by the time I move to Knoxville, the curbside recycling slots had all been taken). Actually it is a fun trip. G likes putting the aluminum cans and the cardboard in their respective bins, while I run around with the other stuff.
4. Audiologists to get a malfunctioning hearing aide repaired.
5. Lunch with my sweetie: vegetable soup and bacon-wrapped chicken.
6. Combined Costo and Sam's Club runs.
7. Early dinner with my sweetie (Shepherd's Pie and Mustard Greens)
8. Needlepoint class.
Actually I am behind in the needlepoint class. Not behind on lessons per se, but I am the only one in my section at least who hasn't completed the borders, and that did put me a little behind last week, in that they all learned a stitch that I didn't. Well I listened and did it anyway. Now I am back in step. But I'm going to finish those borders.
Once I catch up, we will have Christmas break and I can either start on another project while I wait for the next lesson. Or I can turn my attentions back to knitting, which I have had to give up in order to keep up with the needlepoint. Obviously my classmates don't knit while they watch TV, or they have more time on their hands than I manage, or they just watch more TV. Or they just manage their time better than I manage mine. The latter is the most likely.
In the short term, I am looking forward to stretching my legs out on the sofa and working on this some more tonight. I overdid something at the gym today and my knees are complaining rather vociferously. I knew it, and I did it anyway so I have no one to blame but myself. I just wanted to master a particular move. Perhaps finding the right balance of mental focus is an issue, as in fitting in time to do the things I want to do, but at the same time not focusing on one thing so intently that I ignore everything else, including warnings that I am over-doing.